Oscar Barchick, son of Joe & Rochelle Barchick
Benjamin Golding, son of Andy & Cami Golding
Samuel Goldstein, son of Marshall & Jodie Goldstein
Abigail Kalniz, daughter of Drs. Scott & Julie Kalniz
Nina Liebes, daughter of Dr. Rebecca Liebes
Abigail Britton-Lowden, daughter of Kathleen Britton & the late Jeff Lowden
Ellis Meyer, son of Keith Meyer and Shannon Meyer
Madelyn Rahman, daughter of Sarah & James Benard & the late Kenneth Rahman, Jr.
Elayna Rusgo, daughter of Rob & Julie Rusgo
Oscar Barchick, son of Joe & Rochelle Barchick
Aiden Bielefeld, son of Drs. Michael Bielefeld & Cynthia Okin
Esther Goldstein, daughter of Marshall & Jodie Goldstein
Mason Greenblatt, son of Mark & Stephanie Greenblatt
Noah Hamilton, son of Chris Hamilton & Maara Fink
Sam Himmel, son of Bill & Terri Himmel
Zach Kalniz, son of Drs. Scott & Julie Kalniz
Jude Lingan, son of Edward Lingan & Risa Cohen
Marnie Nusbaum, daughter of Mike Nusbaum and Karri Czerniakowski
Allison Sachs, daughter of Dr. Brad & Lauren Sachs
Ashley Welt, daughter of Dr. Dan & Heather Welt
We will be featuring our Temple family graduates in the June/July Bulletin. Please send us student’s name, parent’s names, where they are graduating from and what they will be doing next.
We need all the information by May 15!
Please email to Marcy Kuehnle
Mitzvah Meals are delicious, fully-cooked, homemade dinners prepared and packaged especially for you and then reheated in your oven. Order by phone or email and then pick up your Mitzvah Meal at the Temple on the dates and times listed below. Or if you are unable to drive to the Temple, a volunteer will deliver your Mitzvah Meal to you! It’s that simple. Temple Shomer Mitzvah Meals also make a mouth-watering mitzvah for a friend or family member that could use a little extra TLC.
Calling all volunteers! Men and women of Congregation Temple Shomer Emunim, we need your help.
Sign up to help cook or deliver Mitzvah Meals by calling the office or emailing email@example.com.
Join in the mitzvah and help cook during one or more of the following times:
Tuesday, March 27th from 10:30AM-1:00PM
Wednesday, March 28thfrom 10:30AM-1:00PM
PICK-UP AND DELIVERY:
Pick-up & Delivery: Thursday, March 29th 2:30-5:30PM
We are happy to provide delivery service on the 16th for those who are unable to pick-up. Delivery times arranged the day of delivery with congregant.
SEE MARCH BULLETIN FOR ORDER FORM
Friday, March 30th, at 6:00PM
Rabbi Weinstein will lead this family-friendly Seder
We will share in the story of Passover and dine on delicious Passover Cuisine including Traditional Seder Plate Food as well as:
Gefilte Fish, Matzah Ball Soup, Salads, Brisket, Chicken,Potatoes, Apple Kugel & Roasted Vegetables
Members: Adults - $ 20
Children 10 & Under - $10
Non-Members: Adults $36 Children 10 & Under $18
Please bring your favorite Kosher-for-Passover dessert to share!
This Seder will be informal and kid-friendly!
We must have 60 Adult reservations for the Seder to take place!
RSVP today to The Temple at 419/885-3341 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Absolute Final Date to RSVP is Friday, March 23rd
Underwritten by the Donald L. Solomon Foundation
Scholarships are limited to tuition and fees.
- The primary criteria for an award are both academic achievement and financial need.
- Applicant’s family must be a member in good standing of The Temple Congregation Shomer Emunim.
- $10,000 Award one time for one year for any Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, or Senior. Cannot be combined with scholarship from the Foundation.
- Applicant must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Applicant must be entering an accredited undergraduate program as a full time student at the University of Toledo, Bowling Green State University, Owens Community College, or Lourdes College.
- Applicant must be between the ages of 17 and 25 years.
- Applicant must apply in writing to The Temple Shomer Emunim Rabbi’s Scholarship, underwritten by the Donald L. Solomon Foundation in care of Temple Shomer Emunim, 6453 Sylvania Avenue, Sylvania, Ohio 43560, Attention: Lynn Nusbaum, Temple Administrator.
- Involvement in Hillel and/or Jewish Community life will be taken into consideration at time of any scholarship/grant renewal application.
Deadline for application for the 2018-19 academic school year is May 31, 2018. The awards committee will consist of the Temple President, Rabbi, Temple Administrator, and Donald L. Solomon.
Once again, the Temple Board, WRJ/Sisterhood and Temple Brotherhood have set aside some money for campers who are attending Jewish camps this summer. The camper MUST meet the following criteria:
1) Applicant must be a member in good standing of the Temple.
2) Applicant must be enrolled in and meet attendance requirements for the Temple Religious School during the year of the request.
3) Request must be for attendance at a URJ camp, or any other non-denominational Jewish camp (i.e., JCC run camp)
4) Must be an overnight camp.
5) Applicant must submit request in writing by March 30, 2018.
Adam Benjamin & Zoe Leah Pyle were called to the Torah as a B'nai Mitzvah on February 24, 2018, and are currently featured on the B'nai Mitzvah page.
Julia Bauer was called to the Torah as a Bat Mitzvah on March 10, 2018, and is currently featured on the B'nai Mitzvah page.
On Tuesday, February 20th, the Temple will be closed.
Sylvania Township Police will be using the building for training sessions.
The office will re-open Wednesday, February 21st at 9:30AM.