The Temple Shomer Emunim Rabbi’s Scholarship
Underwritten by the Donald L. Solomon Foundation
Scholarships are limited to tuition and fees.
- The primary criteria for an award are both academic achievement and financial need.
- Applicant’s family must be a member in good standing of The Temple Congregation Shomer Emunim.
- $10,000 Award one time for one year for any Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, or Senior. Cannot be combined with scholarship from the Foundation.
- Applicant must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Applicant must be entering an accredited undergraduate program as a full time student at the University of Toledo, Bowling Green State University, Owens Community College, or Lourdes College.
- Applicant must be between the ages of 17 and 25 years.
- Applicant must apply in writing to The Temple Shomer Emunim Rabbi’s Scholarship, underwritten by the Donald L. Solomon Foundation in care of Temple Shomer Emunim, 6453 Sylvania Avenue, Sylvania, Ohio 43560, Attention: Lynn Nusbaum, Temple Administrator.
- Involvement in Hillel and/or Jewish Community life will be taken into consideration at time of any scholarship/grant renewal application.
Deadline for application for the 2018-19 academic school year is May 31, 2018. The awards committee will consist of the Temple President, Rabbi, Temple Administrator, and Donald L. Solomon.